Harmon, Leola Mae Biography
biography of Harmon, Leola MaeLeola and James Stallings divorced in 1972 after relocating to Des Moines, Iowa. Leola resumed nursing at Iowa Lutheran Hospital and Iowa Methodist School of Nursing, where she was a clinical instructor. She met Harold Swihart in 1981 and they were married in 1982. In 1998 they moved to Punta Gorda, Florida, where she contracted a virus in the spring of 1999 and died on May 19th of multiple organ failure.
Harold A. Swihart
- 'Dr. James O. Stallings' (1 April 1971 - 1976) (divorced)
- 'Brian Harmon' (? - ?) (divorced)
- 'Harold A. Swihart' (9 July 1982 - 19 May 1998) (her death)
- Dr. James Stallings, Harmon's surgeon and ex-husband, died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound in September 1991. He was suffering from Epstein-Barr virus and was dispondent that the disease had hampered his work for almost a year.
- Her baby was killed in the 1968 accident. The drunk driver who caused the accident got away with very little punishment.
- Was in a disfiguring accident that occured in November 1968 and was the basis of her 1982 book 'Why Me?'. It took 20 operations to reconstruct her face. Four new proceedures were used. She fell in love with her surgeon and they were married in 1971.
Pictures of Harmon, Leola Mae
Images Search Powered By Google
Videos of Harmon, Leola Mae
Harmon, Leola Mae Videos